< Back

Board Meeting Oct 10 2019

Minutes of Deer Lake Property Owners’ Association Board Meeting October 10, 2019

Subject: Proper Notice having been given, president Skip Wells called the meeting to order at 06:05 pm
Introduction of the board and guests at 06:06 pm
Discussion
Round the room introductions.
Conclusion
Thirteen board members present. Quorum established. (See attached attendance sheet.)
Follow-up Who's responsible? Date
None na na
Guest Speaker @ 06:10 pm
Discussion
DLPOA Member Nita Gregg introduced a gust speaker, Dan Price.
Dan presented information about Washington State's “Wildlife Refuge System” in general, and the local “Little Pend Oreille” National Wildlife Refuge specifically.
Conclusion
Dan's information included the following: The National Refuge system contains over 500 refuges, at over 700 million acres, most in Alaska. The Little Pend Oreille is 13 miles SE of Colville, and is 750 acres. The priority of the system is Bird Habitat. His organization is working with local forestry to improve the wetlands with beaver dam analogs. He provided some “Do's and Don'ts” for activities on the land. No motorized vehicles past gate. No cutting wood, No camping. Bikes OK on trails, walking ok. Dan finished speaking at 6:35 pm
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
None na na

Treasurer's Report @ 06:36 pm
Discussion
The treasurer's report was given by Skip Wells, because Mike Egan was not in attendance.
See attached Treasurer's Report.
Conclusion
Motion to accept the Treasurer's Report. Motion Seconded. Motion carried unanimous.
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
Mike Egan had not received the CD statements yet, and will provide that information to Mark Turney, who will write it into the Treasurer's Report, when received. Mike Egan,
Mark Turney Completed
10-12-19
Secretary's Report @ 06:45 pm
Discussion
Secretary's Report given by Mark Turney
Conclusion
The September minutes were amended to include the e-mail vote (10yes – 1 no) approval of the monies for the fish pen food. Motion to accept the September minutes as amended. Seconded. Voice vote unanimous approved.
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
Write October minutes and email to board members. Mark Turney 10-15-2015
Committee Report - Hospitality
Discussion
Hospitality Committee report given by Bob Swartz and he passed around a sign up sheet for providing monthly meeting refreshments.
Conclusion
Sign up sheet circulated
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
none na na
Committee Report - Milfoil
Discussion
Milfoil Committee Report given by Mark Turney and Ken Ring because Mike Phillips was not present at this meeting. The lake level is the same as it was this time last year. Ken is writing up a grant for fish pen food for next year. A request was made for help setting up the two new fish pens at Deer Lake Resort. Mark Turney made a presentation outlining the possible use of “Milfoil Weevils” to help in the milfoil suppression effort.
Conclusion
Schedule was agreed upon for fish pen work party.
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
Pens will be assembled Monday October 14th at 11:00 am at deer lake resort. Meet at Store Dave McCombs and
volunteers October 14th
Committee Report – Southwood Shores Road Update @ 06:27 pm
Discussion
Mike Larsen gave a short update on the status of the formation of the road improvement district.
Conclusion
No status change from last month.
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
none na na
MEETING BREAK 07:37 pm to 07:45 pm
Discussion
none
Conclusion
none
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
none na na
Road Cleanup Synopses
Discussion
Discussions of results of the past road cleanup. Generally successful. Over 1000 pounds of trash recovered. Update reported by Jerry Rasley
Conclusion:
This year there was an abundance of help in the east side but not enough on the west side. Conclusion that some volunteers will be relocated next year to even out the work load.
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
none na na
New WEB Master Update
Discussion
Skip Wells reported that the new WEB Master will be taking over shortly.
Conclusion
none
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
none na na
Fireworks Dock Repair Update
Discussion
Skip Wells reported that he found the contract for the repair of the fireworks dock.
Conclusion
none
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
Skip will follow up with the contractor Skip Wells Winter Break
Dock Demolition Committee @ 08:00 pm
Discussion
Phil Bray gave a dock demolition update. Discussions of additional advertisement about the event in newsletter etc. discussion of required materials and resources needed.
Conclusion
Tentative date for the event set on June 13th.
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
Coordination of adverts and materials collection Phil Bray June
Chipper Days Update
Discussion
Skip Wells gave an update on the coming chipper days event, and asked for additional volunteers.
Conclusion
Additional volunteers required
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
<Enter the points to be completed> <Who will do it?> <By when?>
Old Business – Banking @ 08:20 pm
Discussion
Skip Wells made a presentation surrounding the work the board members did on budget forecast document. General discussions about budgets, forecasts, and process. He spoke about consolidation of mature CD's and checking accounts into three parts. These being Checking, Short term CD, and Long Term CD. Also reported update on signatory cards for board members on those accounts.
Conclusion
Bob Schwartz brought a motion to open the discussed CDs. Motion Seconded. Unanimous voice vote approved. See attached Resolution document.
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
Board will open CD's Board This quarter
New Business – Fire Station Painting
Discussion
Bob Schwartz provided a show and tell of the “picture board” that will be hung in the fire station, outlining the work done by DLPOA. Skip also provided an update on the coming signage to be applied to the fire station.
Conclusion
none
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
none na na
New Business – Growth Management @ 09:15
Discussion
Skip Wells spoke about the upcoming guest speaker on Growth Management.
Conclusion
Eric Johnson will speak at the November DLPOA meeting
Follow-up Who's responsible? When?
Skip will Coordinate with Eric Skip Wells November
MEETING ADJOURNED AT 09:25 pm
Discussion
In accordance with the bylaws, notice is given that the next board meeting is scheduled for November 14, 2019